Start Date: September 2024
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
We welcome applications from ECTs
Oldbury Academy is a large secondary school, serving ca 1400 11-16 year olds and is part of the Stour Vale Academy Trust. Ofsted inspected our school in December 2021 and judged us to be ‘GOOD’ in all categories. Ofsted concluded that “pupils at this school receive a good education” and “it is well led and school leaders are committed to further improvements”.
Oldbury Academy is a happy and vibrant school where we aim to provide an excellent education for all pupils living in our community. We have friendly, committed and caring staff, all of whom endeavour to provide the finest educational experiences and a wide range of exciting opportunities for every child at our school.
We seek to appoint a professional, enthusiastic and inspirational English teacher, who will make a substantial contribution to the further development of this ‘GOOD’ school. You will have the qualities to motivate and inspire our students, strong classroom management skills, and the ability to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Early Career Teachers are most welcome to apply for this role.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Follow our evidence informed teaching and learning classroom routines
- Follow our schemes of work for all teaching groups
- Mark student work in accordance with the faculty marking policy
- Have the highest expectation of student performance at an individual level
- Maintain high standards of planning, organisation and administration
- Contribute to the continual development of our English Curriculum, engaging in professional discourse and wider reading to identify and address areas for improvement
What we can offer you:
- Centralised resourcing and access to a range of resources from AQA and PIXL
- A carefully considered marking policy with well-being in mind. This includes one close marking window per term and a whole class feedback opportunity.
- Self-marked, retrieval based Homework using knowledge organisers.
- Tailored and subject-specific CPD to support with teaching outside of your specialism up to and including GCSE.
- A fully resourced programme of study, incorporated into the overall English Scheme of Work.
- Working alongside a team of fantastic English teachers and 1 academic support coach who are committed to accelerating attainment in English
- Teaching in groups in mixed ability from Year 7 through to Year 11 – with fluid movement allowed throughout their curriculum journey
- A bespoke KS3 and KS4 curriculum, informed by the National Curriculum and the suggested sequence of learning provided by our examination board – AQA
For an informal discussion please contact Mrs Celia Bartlett (Head of Faculty) [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am on Tuesday 12th March 2024
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 19th March 2024
Please see the Recruitment Pack below for further information regarding this post.
To apply for this post, please complete the application form and return to Miss Adele Wilden, either by post to Oldbury Academy, Pound Road, Oldbury, West Midlands, B68 8NE or by email to [email protected]
Please note we are unable to accept CVs as an application for any of our vacancies.
Stour Vale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All necessary safeguarding checks will be undertaken and must have satisfactory outcomes, otherwise the conditional job offer may be withdrawn.
This role has been assessed as working in regulated activity and is subject to an Enhanced DBS plus Children’s Barred List Check.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
As a Trust we are committed to ensuring that throughout our recruitment process, no applicant will be disadvantaged or discriminated against because of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.