“Our mission is, through a balanced curriculum and within an ethos of tolerance, equality of opportunity and morality, to develop the talents of all students so that they may enter an ever changing world with appropriate skills, attitudes and standards”.
Work at the Academy is directed towards realising the following aims:
- To pursue excellence in every aspect of academy life
- To develop the knowledge, skills and talents of all individuals
- To recognise and celebrate individual and collective achievement
- To provide the opportunity for all pupils to achieve their full academic potential
- To promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all students
- To promote physical education, well-being and sporting opportunities for all students and members of our local community
- To develop our Applied Learning to ensure that students receive the best possible preparation for the world of work
- To prepare all students to become responsible citizens
- To ensure that our campus provides a secure, attractive and stimulating environment for all users
- To value and respect all individuals
The Academy is a mixed-gender comprehensive school covering the age range 11 – 18+ with significant and wide-ranging post 16 provision.
In the school year 2015 – 2016 it will accommodate around 1650 students, 125 teachers and 90 support staff.