As you may or may not be aware, the Department for Education (DfE) have changed the way that students are assessed. This year (2017) students will leave with a grade between 9-1 in English and Mathematics, and this will be for all subjects from 2018. This short video will explain these changes to you. If you require any further guidance please do not hesitate to contact us at the school.
Students gaining 4 - 9 in English and Maths
Students gaining 4 - 9 in English
Students gaining 4 - 9 in Maths
Progress 8 score: -0.11 (based on DFE early release)
Attainment 8 score: 42.12 (based on DFE early release)
Percentage of students achieving grade 4 – 9 in Maths and English: 49%
Percentage of students achieving grade 5 – 9 in Maths and English: 27%
Percentage of students entered for the Ebac 21.6%
Percentage of COHORT achieving the Ebac 10%
Percentage of students achieving a grade 4 in Maths – 57%
Percentage of students achieving a grade 5 in Maths – 38%
Percentage of students achieving a grade 4 in English – 61%
Percentage of students achieving a grade 5 in English – 36%
Key Stage 5 results 2017
A level / Vocation Key Stage 5 results:
- At A Level A*-B we have achieved 33% compared to 18% in 2016. A 15% increase.
- Applied General Distinction*-Distinction we have achieved 87% compared to 79% in 2016. An 8% increase.
- The A*-E pass rate (including BTEC equivalents) is 98% up from 94% in 2016. A 4% increase.
- A Level value added score – 0.46
- A Level avg grade – C
- Academic avg grade – C-
- Academic value added score – 0.45
- Applied general value added score – 0.68
- Applied general avg grade – Dist*-
English and Maths progress measure
- Number of students at the end of 16-18 study in scope for English progress measure – 8
- Average progress made in English – 0.50
- Number of students at the end of 16-18 study in scope for maths progress measure – 17
- Average progress made in maths – 0.24
Have a look at the school performance tables here.
Where do our students go?
Our 2017 KS4 destination percentages are as follows:
Our 2017 KS5 destination percentages are as follows: