Student Entitlements to Careers Education are set out in a newly updated Careers Policy to download or printed copies are available in the Sixth form Hub. There is a planned programme of Careers Education providing opportunities to develop and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to make realistic career decisions.
– Individual guidance from the Careers Manager
– A ‘drop-in’ Careers Resource Centre with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment.
– Access to computer programmes:
– icould Buzz test providing career inspiration and information for young people.
– Fast Tomato which is Interactive Careers Guidance and Education for teenagers.
– Access to UCAS (information on universities in the UK).
– A Careers Education Programme built into the PSHE program.
– A Work Placement (Year 10) and (sixth Form).
At Oldbury Academy, we aim to help you with any careers related enquiry such as
– CV writing
– Job Seeking
– Application support
– Finding learning and training that is right for you
– Identify and match the skills you have to real opportunities
– Funding / Scholarship’s for University’s
– Decision making
We work closely with the local Connexions Team to make sure students at Oldbury get the right support at the right time.
If you are aged 13-19 and are not in education, employment or training you can contact Sandwell_connexions@sandwell.gov.uk or call 0121 569 2955
Labour Market Information (LMI) is good quality information about what is happening nationally, regionally and locally in the job market.
It tells us national, regional and local trends within occupational sectors, geographical availability of opportunities, the skills that employers are looking for, progression routes and career paths, job and Apprenticeship vacancies.
We will all enter the job or labour market at some point. So, it’s important that we have:
Up to date, accurate and unbiased information about the occupational sectors we are interested in, and the skills to be able to interpret the information to help make choices.